First, I want to note that this whole thing started because of a dream Maralie shared with her fellow minions in Blogland where we were all running away from Mevolent. She then wrote about it in class. I came up with the idea to collaborate on a story where we all fight (either with or against) Mevolent, and many of you lovely minions seemed to like it, so here it is: our very own blogger account, so we can all write posts from our own point of view.
I'm not going to act as any kind of moderator or set down strict rules or anything like that, but just to keep it respectful, I'm setting down a few guidelines...
1. Unless you have their permission, DO NOT EDIT SOMEONE ELSE'S POST. Even if they've made spelling or grammar mistakes- just tell them to fix it, or ask if you can. Just don't go randomly changing other peoples' stories.
2. YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR MUSE. Well, ok, I know none of us are really in control of our muses at all, but my point is, if someone else is fighting your muse, make sure you guys communicate. You do not have the right to kill another person's character unless they say you can. And if you put someone else's character in your post, and they want to correct it, they still have to talk to you first, but they have a right to that.
4. PUT YOUR NAME IN THE TITLE OF YOUR POST. This is just something I hope will avoid confusion, because if everyone starts writing and no one knows who wrote what, this could get really chaotic really fast. Do what I did at the top of this post- My Name: The Post Title.
3. BE NICE TO EACH OTHER. This really goes without saying, and all of you guys are such great people and so supportive of each other, I don't even know why I bother posting this, but still. No one is going to kick you off the blog, no matter what you do- the whole point of this is that everyone has equal power- but keep that in mind and use it responsibly, please. :)
Things we need:
1. A headcannon for the setting. Something we can all agree upon- what's the backstory? How did we start fighting? Circumstance, location, time period... etc. Feel free to discuss this in the comments below.
2. Know your character, know your abilities, and pick a side. You don't have to tell anyone else- you could be a double agent if you want, or your character could drift in between sides- I'm not putting any limitations here, just make sure you have a strong base, because with everyone working at once it'll be really easy to get swept away.
If anyone wants to write for Mevolent, that would be awesome- but it isn't necessary (we could always just each write pieces of Mevolent as needed in our scenes) so don't feel compelled to do it unless you really want to.
Let the games begin! (seriously, though, this whole thing is going to look really pathetic if nobody writes anything, so have at it!)