Monday, January 14, 2013

Aretha Tesla: The Forest Again

Set just after A Stupid Singing Rabbit


"So, you're sure you're ok?" I questioned Maralie for the umpteenth time.

"Yep!" She said brightly, "Thanks for letting me out!"

I smiled, genuinely, for the first time in a long while. "No problem." How she could be so happy, I would never know. She waved goodbye and then hop-skipped away, and I retreated into a dark alleyway. I felt Croatoan's hand land on my shoulder, and then we were back in the forest.

"See?" I told him, "That wasn't so hard." But when I turned to look at him, he had gone again. Well, such things were to be expected from someone like him.

6 comments:

  1. HE'S A GHOST!! :P

    Nice mini-chapter :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome short chapter :) Croatoan is cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks guys! I'm glad he's so intriguing. He certainly is an interesting character... That's why he's so fun to write for. Maybe you guys will learn more about him... Maybe not... I think it depends on how much Aretha gets thrown about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. yeah, I'm not going to lie, it's mean... He's kind of a mean person in general. How they started getting along... Well, it's a looong story I'm posting on my personal blog, but I've sort of halted because of MC. But yeah, he mostly lets her do her own thing- he'll only step in if she's dying. Literally.

      Delete
  5. That chapter's barely there! It's a dot! It's like one pixel large! :P

    ReplyDelete