Monday, January 14, 2013

Persephone Grief: Informant

Pennsylvania, 2013

"Hello?" Persephone opened the door of the shed and slipped inside. "You there? I've got your information, so I'm going to be really annoyed if-"
"We're here." The voice came from the same shadowy corner as it had before. Persephone wondered if he had moved since the last time she'd been here.
"You promise you'll let Gustav go if I tell you?"
"Of course."
"Alright, well..." Persephone hesitated. "I heard them saying-" What's wrong with me? Just tell them, get Gustav, and disappear. It would be so easy. But... "They said that they were looking for someone.  A woman. In Australia." she lied. Why did I do that?
"A woman? Are you sure?"
"Yes. They said 'We've located her in Sydney. Our sorcerers are on it.'"
"You may leave now."
"What about Gustav?"
"He will be returned to you soon." Persephone turned and walked out of the shed.
The man stepped out of the shadows, with a package in his hand. He spread the bloody cloth out on the table and read. His lips twisted into a smile.
"I knew she was lying."



Baltimore, 2013

Persephone rang the doorbell. A woman with graying blond hair came to the door.
"Hello, can I help you?" Persephone put a huge smile on her face.
"Hi! I work with Marcus! I've got a few things to review with him, and I realized he has a few things I need for my project!"
"I'll get him. One second." Persephone could see the woman staring at her scar and looked her straight in the eye. She was sick of people seeing only the scar. "MARCUS! Someone at the door for you!"
Marcus came down the steps, and stopped dead when he saw Persephone.
"Louise, can you go up and help Nina? Thank you." Louise ran up the stairs, and Marcus stepped outside, closing the door behind him.
"What are you doing here? How did you find this place?"
"I followed you." Persephone replied, ignoring the first question.
"But I'm always careful that no one knows I live here."
"Marcus, no one's blaming you for not seeing the invisible woman. I need to talk to you."
"Alright, but not here. My house is off-limits." Marcus and Persephone walked down to the end of the street to an empty corner. "What do you need?"
"I was spying on the Sanctuary yesterday. I heard some things that seemed important, but I lied to my employer. He has my brother, and I can't get to him on my own. I need Sanctuary help."
"Why should we help you? You're a spy! You admitted it!"
"Because I'll go back and tell the truth if you don't help."
Marcus took a deep breath, and nodded.
"I'll see what I can do."

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ........You want me to tell the truth?
      In this situation?

      Really?

      Delete
  2. Great job!! Best of luck saving your brother, really... And I also feel it necessary to thank you on behalf of the Sanctuary. So thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    YAYNESS.

    Just like to add, Louise woudln't have obeyed him instantly like that I don't think. There would be moaning and asking, "Why?", from my family experience. :)

    I'm glad Seph did the right thing. :) Yayness, like I said before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise is smart. She knew something was off. Also, I forgot to write about Nina yelling upstairs. She couldn't find her duck shirt :D

    ReplyDelete