Monday, January 21, 2013

Star Inkbright (Ink!): Coooooooome, aaaaaaaaand, join the revolution!

OKAY, THE TITLE WOULD MAKE A LOT MORE SENSE IF YOU KNEW THE SONG I WAS REFERENCING TO, BUT YOU PROBABLY ALL DON'T. :P


As Ember lead them to wherever she was leading them to, somewhere in the building, Star was thinking about Fabi. She betted Fabi was Fabzilla Snake. She didn't think her name was Fabzilla Snake, she thought her oh-so-reliable sources had got her name wrong. But in the terms of the things she'd done at least, Fabi WAS Fabzilla Snake. However, her sources had probably got the whole account of her escape wrong too, which meant that she HADN'T actuallly done the things Fabzilla Snake had supposedly done, although she had escaped, of course. This was confusing.
"Where are you leading us to again?" Ink asked Ember, to stop the whole Fabzilla Snake thing annoying her brain.
"Weren't you listening?" Ember asked, annoyed.
"I was," Star answered slowly, trying to think of a better way to say that she had but she hadn't been paying attention to what she was hearing, "But then I forgot. I don't have a bad memory, my memory just remembers some tings very well and others not at all."
"I'm leading you to a safer room," Ember told her.
"And where's that?" Fabi asked suspiciously.
"Do you want them to hear us? But I don't think they can, so I'll tell you - we're going to these rooms a few floors down that are physically and magically protected."
She was taking them a pretty indirect route. Probably to stop them seeing things they weren't supposed to see. She remembered what Ember had told her, sounding like she'd said it before: "All you'll have to do is follow orders. Imagine you're a chess piece, just doing what the players make you do. You do not have to think for yourself - in fact, they won't like it if you think, so I'd advise you not to. Some pieces have higher positions than others, but we're all the same in the end."

Ink didn't really like the sound of this rebellion group much, but they were against Mevolent, so she wanted to help them for now.

"Here we are." Star looked at the door to amazing room of protection. It looked pretty ordinary. Ember took out a keyring with a variety of keys on it from her pocket, and selected an enourmas, solid, grey key. Star glanced back at the door. The keyhole was tiny.
"Um . . ." Ink was going to ask her if she'd got the right room, but then Ember pushed the keyhole at the wallpaper on the left of the door. It sank right into the wall with no resistance. Ember turned the key and the ordinary-looking door swung open.
Fabi, Ember and Star walked into the room, Ink cursing herself for not being more used to unusual magical doors. Inside, it looked more like an amazing room of protection. It had strong, steel walls with symbols all over them. There were weapons hanging wherever there weren't symbols. The ordinary door was also steel on the inside. There were more steel doors, also with massive keyholes beside them. They were, however, open, and Ember lead them through one of them into a room that was identical to the last except that it had two pink sofas and a couple of pink armchairs in the middle of it.
Ember sat on one of the armchairs and gestured to the remaining seating options. Star cautiously sat on the sofa opposite Ember. Fabi took an armchair to her right.
"Mevolent must be more keen to recapture you than I thought," Ember said, looking at Fabi.
Aha, Ink KNEW she had been Fabzilla Snake.
"Recapture me?" Fabi asked spectically. "They were trying to KILL me."
Ember shook her head. "Mevolent wants you back to torture you. That doens't mean he wants you back UNHARMED. However, we can use this to our advantage."
Star narrowed her eyes at her. Huh?
"If we allowed you to be captured -"
"What?" Fabi said disbelievingly. "No way. No. I thought you wanted to use me?"
"We WOULD be using you," Ember pointed out. "You could gave information -"
Some rebellion this was. This was just giving Mevolent what he wanted and sticking fancy labels on it. Ink tried protesting. "I don't think that would work too well, because no offense to Fabi, but I hardly think she'd be good at GATHERING INFORMATION if she was being tortured out of her mind. 'Out of her mind', is a, like, very good metaphor, coz she wouldn't be able to use her mind properly, and she wouldn't have access to it, so it's like she WOULD be out of it. She wouldn't focus on Mevolent and his plans or whatever because she'd just be thinking PAIN, all the time." It wasn't a great speech, because she'd just babbled that out on the spot. Didn't sound like formal, professional reasoning, but never mind.
Fabi shot Star a grateful look. "Also, how would you get me back out of Mevolent's castle? It's not your fault, Mevolent's just very powerful, but you probably wouldn't be able to do it. Then I'd just stay there being tortured until I died. You'd have lost me and be no better off. Besides, you'd lose people on your failed rescue attempt."
"Yes, exactly," Ink nodded.
Ember glared at Star. "Why are you on her side?"
Ink spoke slowly, sensing she was in dangerous water. "Because it's the logical side . . . No offense. I . . . just . . . don't see . . . how letting Mevolent have Fabi . . . is helping us AT ALL . . . I thought we were trying to stop him doing this kind of thing?"
"We are," Ember replied coldly. "Only we need more information."
Fabi started saying something, but Star interrupted her. "You could have someone pretend to be on his side and . . . " she searched for a word, "Infiltrate him?"
"We already have people doing that," Ember informed them.
Fabi frowned. "Then why do you need me to be tortured?"
"It could offer us information from a new perspective," Ember explained. "And if we ask people BEFORE they're tortured, they look out for information. If we ask them after, they haven't been -"
There was a huge noise, as if someone was whacking steel against steel.
"They've got here and are trying to break in, right?" Star guessed.
"How do they know we're here?" Fabi asked, although she thought she knew the answer.
"Maybe you have a tracking device on you," Ink mused.
"Not maybe, probably," Ember said icily, accusingly.
Fabi thought back, trying to think of a way she could possibly have picked up one of THOSE.
"Or YOU could have a tracking device on you," Fabi pointed out, looking at Star. "Could you?"
Star froze for a moment. "Doubt it."
"I doubt I have one," Fabi pointed out.
"I doubt I have one also," Ember added.
"One of us must have . . ." Ink said. "Or they just found us quickly."
Ember shook her head. "You can't see the entrance unless one of us, who have been specially woven into the hiding spell, wants you to."
"We can deal with this later," Fabi said. "Shouldn't we pay attention to the fact they're breaking in now?"

48 comments:

  1. Aie! Torture me not, thou maggot-faced scalawag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By 'maggot-faced scalawag,' I mean Mevolent, obviously.

      Delete
    2. DAMMIT! I couldn't even get first comemnt on my own post? *glares* XD

      Delete
    3. Hope you did. If you meant me, that WOULD be an insult worthy pf torture. *crooked grin*

      Delete
    4. [Innocent look]

      Delete
  2. I GOT FIRST COMMENT MWAH HA HA.

    . . . Okay, it probably doesn't count as it's my post, BUT WHATEVER. XD

    *pretends to be an innocent bystander* Wow, cool chapter, Star! Really like it! I know I say this att but it's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I've been, like, stalking this blog waiting for your chapter!

      Actually, I have an alert thing set up.

      Delete
    2. O_O

      You can get alert things?

      Alert things are evil. I've decided they must be, because otherwise I would have one. It makes complete and utter sense, if you ignore the evidence saying it doesn't. XD

      Delete
    3. My dad helped me set it up. It emails me if there's a new post, and I already had an email alert. Not that I don't ignore it half the time. XD

      Delete
    4. YOU THINK MY CHAPTER'S AWESOME!

      *starts sobbing tears of joy* YOU'VE JUST MADE MY DAY. NO, MY YEAR. NO, MY LIFE. I'LL BE YOUR SLAVE FOREVER.

      Delete
    5. Ooh, really? *tells Star to get me chocolate ice cream, RIGHT NOW*

      Delete
    6. *arrives with huge ice cream van full of chocolate ice cream*

      Delete
  3. Oh, btw, the post before this hasn't been commented on yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read that far yet. *laughs*

    I was trying to read them all today. Gave up after a while. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm completely caught up on the current plot line...I think. I may have totally forgotten something important.

      Actually, I probably did.

      Delete
    2. Whilst writing that post I kept forgetting important things, then going and having to rewrite them in. :/

      I think if you don't forget important things, there's something wrong with you. :)

      Or maybe I'm just wishfull thinking. *laughs*

      Delete
    3. I realized I left out half of Fabi's powers... I guess she's less powerful in this story. She seems to be doing fine, though. Totally fine.

      Delete
    4. Well, not half. Maybe she just can't do as much when she's freaked out, or maybe the handcuffs had a binding spell.

      Delete
  5. *remembers I like strawberry and vanilla ice cream much better*

    Actually, Star, could you go take that back and get me some strawberry ice cream and vanilla ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *drives up a double-sized van containing strawberry and vanilla ice cream*

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Star!

      . . . This shouldn't be this entertaining . . . I NEED A LIFEEEEEEEEEEE. XD

      Delete
  6. [Steals Chocolate ice cream]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *evil minion runs up and steals chocolate ice cream back*

      Wait, who's evil minion is that? O_O

      Delete
    2. Possibly Ember's or Eve's or Ed's
      Who's Ed? I don't know.

      BUT IT'S DEFINITELY HIM!

      Delete
    3. *laughs*

      Maybe he's Eve's evil rocky cousin. XD *picks up Ed and tries skimming him across the lake*

      Delete
    4. No offence to Eve or Ember. You were only suspects because your names started with E.

      [chases after Ed's evil minion]

      Delete
    5. OMG, my friend Emily is reading SP!
      8O

      Delete
    6. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! *celebrates*

      She's evil as well, of course. :)

      Delete
    7. I'll tell her you said that. I think she'll take it as a compliment.

      Delete
  7. I think I know the song being referenced, but if you asked me, I'd probably nerve out and never reply. As is the way with me when I'm not 100% certain.

    Okay, review the chapter, review the chapter...Yeah, it's really good, cool, and I like where it's going, the sort of cliffhangery thing makes it thrilling and I'm really excited to find out what happens next!

    ...*stares in surprise that she actually managed to review something*...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come, and, join the celebration!
      It's, a, very special day!
      Come, and, share our jubilation!
      There's a new king born today!

      See, the, shepards, hurry down to Bethlehem! (Dum dum dum)
      Gaze, in, won,der, at the son of God who lies before them

      . . . It's a churchy Christmas song, so that's why I thought not many people would know it. :)

      I'm the same - if I think I know something but aren't certain, I don't say it . . . :/

      It was a good review. :) Thank you! :) :) :)

      Delete
    2. YES, I WAS CORRECT, WHOO PARTY TIME!!!

      At least I'm not the only one.

      You're welcome ^^ Good reviews were deserved.

      Delete
    3. [Would give this a good review, except for the idea about torturing Fabi]

      Delete
  8. Sorry, Fabi! :)

    YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Thanks, B-J!

    Go churchy Christmas songs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you, though?

    Must go now...being chased by a
    , /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I am! You suspect me of lying????? *outraged face* :P

      Fours! :(

      Delete
    2. *pokes again*

      Sorry, this was a really late reply! D:

      Delete
    3. [Reappears having escaped ice cream and punctuation, pokes both Star and B-J]

      Delete
    4. *comes back, pokes both of you and disappears again*

      Delete
    5. [Lies in wait for B-J or Star, and pokes whoever reads this]

      Delete
    6. OW! [pokes self back]
      OW! [pokes self back]
      OW! [pokes self back]...

      Delete
    7. [Pokes B-J]
      [Pokes YOU]

      Delete
  10. I really wish I could help you guys out... Unfortunately for everyone except Mevolent, I am currently a hollow puppet with no emotions, motivation, free will, or any allies. So... Yeah, I don't think that's going to work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 46th!!!

    Great chapter!
    *Feels like should add more*

    *Puts up 'Mevolet Minion' flag*

    ReplyDelete