Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Persephone Grief/Marcus Shrewd: Sanctuary Business

When Marcus and Persephone arrived at the Sanctuary, several worried looking people ran up to Marcus.
"The Grand Mage has disappeared!" Marcus looked accusingly at Persephone who put her hands in the air.
"As much as I want to kill her, I had nothing to do with this."
"Did anyone see her leave?" Marcus asked, instantly professional.
"She left as usual, slightly after she disappeared," the man gestured at Persephone. "And headed toward the park down the street. She didn't come back today, and she's usually very punctual." whined the mousy looking young man.
"Have you heard anything from her? Are any Sensitives able to locate her?" Marcus asked, forgetting Persephone as he hurried to his desk.
"No, they're still trying, but it's like there's some sort of block." As Marcus interrogated the man, Persephone slipped up behind him.
"Do you think whoever took Kerias is the same person who took my brother?"
"There's a chance, both are working against the Sanctuary, but we can't know for sure. Do not go looking for him now, you might get killed."
"What, are you worried about me?"
"As much as I hate to admit it, we need you. Our best assassin, Aretha Tesla, has vanished, and we need you to kill Leila Nightshade."
"My brother is out there! He could get hurt. What if it was your wife or child? What would you do?" Marcus refused to look at her.
"She's dangerous. We need her out of the way." Persephone scowled and turned around.
"I'll kill her. And then you help me. Or else."

7 comments:

  1. DIE, Leila!!!!!
    Nice, Sev!
    ...I say nice to everyone, but it's always true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have the same problem with "awesome." :P

      Delete
    2. And I have the same problem with nice!

      Delete
  2. "Our best assasin, Aretha Tesla..."
    Wow, I'm officially the Sanctuary's best! Sweet!
    Great chapter, the way! I like how you survive by making all these different deals with people you shouldn't be dealing with, hanging on by a thread... It keeps things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot about Leila, this was my desperate attempt to get back to killing her :P

    ReplyDelete